Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Time to Start

This summer I plan to do a lot of reading. I mean a lot. Like a semesters worth and then some. But I don't really want to restrict my reading material to a single topic or genre. I'm interested in everything from uber academic papers to 'young adult' pulpy romances.

So here's where you come in. I am effectively trying to make my summer reading list a google doc that I have shared with all of my friends. This means that my summer reading will, in a large part, be determined by your recommendations. I'm looking for those life-changing, mind-blowing books. I'm looking for guilty pleasures and diamonds in the rough. Point me to the A, B, C's of academics, in any field, so long as you have a purpose in recommending it. Whatever you think desreves a place on my bookshelf this summer, just post the title as a comment here on the blog.

I'm not promising to read every book on the list and it's nothing personal if I don't get to your book this summer. But I do intend to write up little responses, like less rigid, less conventional grade school book reports, to everything I read. So if you're curious swing by the blog every once in a while to see whats on my bookshelf and add to the pile.

No comments: